Thursday 23 December 2010

Thursday, 23rd December 2010 - Photo #357

This photo looks innocent enough but, boy, does it make me feel old! Whilst shopping for Kirsten's 11th birthday presents with my Mum we stumbled upon a shop called Haze. It is opposite Revolution pub in Derby (or for oldies like me, the place that used to be Strand Wools - argh, how sad am I?) Mum fell in love with these Gothic Fairies and bought a few for her little black tree, they are gorgeous and right up Kirsten's street. What makes me feel old is the fact that only a few years ago she would have wanted a tree full of teddies and snowmen, not vixen-like fairies (however sweet their faces are). Where's my little girl gone? Mum is always reminding me that at one point I wouldn't go out of the house if I wasn't dressed head to foot in black - is history about to repeat itself??? Right need to get myself to Revolution and erase all memories of Strand Wools!! Chocolate vodka anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment