Monday 8 February 2010

Monday, 8th February 2010 - Photo#39


Took my camera to town with me as I was meeting Mum and we looked around for what to take as my blog photo today. Mum noticed that a closed down Estate Agents (next to the Guildhall) had a large picture of Joseph Wright's painting "A Philospher lecturing on the Orrery" in it's window. We went to Derby Museum a few years ago and this is my favourite of his paintings. I love the light on the children's faces. Mum thought the chap with his head in his hands looked like Bruce Forsyth (honestly!)
A tip I have picked up from my many photography books is that if you take a photo of something interesting at a museum/gallery/zoo always take the information panel that is next to it too. Then when you get back home you can bore family and friends to your hearts content!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment