Wednesday 24 February 2010

Wednesday, 24th February 2010 - Photo #55


I was thinking about what to photograph for my blog today, as I had missed the light to take one outside. I decided to take this seed head and acorns which my Mum brought me back from Graceland. I have grown up with Elvis, thanks to my Mum, and love his music. She went to Memphis a few years ago and brought me back these souvenirs. I thought if I ever lose them or they break at least I'll have a photo of them.

I struggled to get my camera to focus with my close-up filter on and was getting frustrated, so I took off the filter and moved away slightly which seemed to work much better. I used a shallow depth of field to make the leaf in the background blurred. The picture below shows the trees they came from and Elvis when he first moved into Graceland with the trees behind him.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment