Tuesday 16 March 2010

Tuesday, 16th March 2010 - Photo #75

Oh dear! This was supposed to be a photo of a beautiful chocolate sponge cake made for Alison's birthday by Max, Jude, Hope and Kirsten supervised by me as a nice surprise. But as soon as they got back they wanted to play on the trampoline and it was such a lovely day that I ended up making it mostly by myself. Unfortunately, I only had one cake tin the right size so instead of waiting for one half to cool before I removed it I tried to get it out of the tin too quickly and it ended up in about 5 pieces! Even the buttercream icing didn't help it or the chocolate shavings!!

Turned the lights off so she couldn't really see it properly and took this (Jude chose the candles - we thought the more the better to cover the cake up!) It tasted ok but that's about it, sorry Al wanted it to be lovely- Ok so Delia can sleep safe knowing I will never steal her crown.

Anyway here is the birthday girl and friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment