Thursday 12 August 2010

Saturday 7th August 2010 - Photo #219

Sorry there hasn't been any blog for a few days, we have been on holiday to Swanage. We got there Saturday morning just in time to see the Red Arrows perform over the bay. They were amazing and really took your breath away, I must admit to feeling a little bit choked when they performed the Spitfire move they have just added in support of the Help the Heroes charity for the soldiers and their families. It was the red, white and blue smoke which got me.

Swanage is lovely and the beach is really nice with lovely soft sand.

Took my older camera as I didn't want to get sand in or lose my new one, it is nice to have it with me but I do worry about it being open to the elements. Took more photos on the beach of the fireworks that night too but I like this one best so blogged it.

Used my zoom lens but struggled with the focusing as they moved so fast!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This blog is like waiting for a bus, wait for ages with nothing then five come along at the same time. lol

    Like all your holiday shots especially the pano. Also this shot reminds me very much of a holiday we had many yeara ago to Plymouth. We had a caravan on an old fortress site that looms large over the harbour and we had just settled in when there was great excitement outside and lo and behold it was the Red Arrows giving their display over the harbour. On some of the runs we were actually above the planes as they made low runs over the sea, then right over our head as they climbed out of the bay fantastic.

    ReplyDelete