Sunday 29 August 2010

Sunday, 29th August 2010 - Photo #241

Nipped to Pride Park this afternoon to have a look at the new statue of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor. Hope went to the match yesterday and said it was really good, I have to agree. It's a great likeness of them both and looks impressive outside the ground.

I struggled a bit with the position of the statue as I wanted to get their faces to show the good likeness but standing back to get them straight on meant getting the distracting background of the stadium too. So I used my zoom lens and stood fairly close. I've chosen this picture with a little bit of the stadium in and the ram. The sky didn't help either as it has been a really grey day. On the way back we passed the statue again and the sky had gone a nice blue, oh well that's life I suppose!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. A good likeness ??? Should I know these guys. ????
    The flat light makes for a better exposure as opposed to the harsh lightning of blue skies perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, honestly, I know nowt about football.

    ReplyDelete