Friday 22 October 2010

Friday, 22nd October 2010 - Photo #295

I'm quite proud of being from Ilkeston and will always love the fair that comes to town every October. I think it is the oldest charter fair in the country and has been going for 757 years (bet it was cheaper then). There has always been a real buzz of excitement in the air and the rides just get bigger and more daring. I remember going in my dinner hour whilst at school and I still love it just as much. We went with my Mum and Dad and the girls loved the rides they went on. I would have liked to take my big camera and tripod but it's just so busy that I don't think it would of been a good idea. So took this collage of photos on my compact.

3 comments:

  1. Love to take my camera to the fair, love the colours. Usually go when the fair is being assembled. Most of the fair folk are very friendly but at one small stand, think it was something like roll the balls and was very colourful. the owner took great exception to me taking a photo of it. Had a word with him about it and he thought I was going to be putting it on to the internet on some so called fair sites and he was certainly not for that for some reason.??? Seemingly it is quite a common practice which was news to me. When I explained that it was for personal use only and I had no other motive he became a lot more happier.

    Love your night shots, will have to go and try it myself sometime and hope I don't meet any further agression. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the fair too, I could have spent hours there just taking pictures. Do the photos look clear to you? They have gone quite fuzzy on my screens but Carl always views pages on the web larger and I don't know if this has effected things but they look awful to me. They are fine when I click onto a photo though? Very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures seem fine to me considering the conditions under which they were taken. They capture the fun/essence of the fair and the atmosphere of the night. Forget all the rest of the parameters and they make a good archive of the the family outing which to me is some of the fun of photography. Each to their own though, it would be a dull old world if we all did the same, long live diversity.

    ReplyDelete