Thursday 14 October 2010

Thursday, 14th October 2010 - Photo #287

I had to take the girls to University with me last night as a book I had borrowed from the library was due back. As we were pulling into the car park, Hope said "There's Amy's clock", I didn't know what she meant and she told me that on her first day at senior school she had met a girl called Amy who had designed a clock and it had been made for a big building. It is actually on the Multi Faith Centre at the Kedleston Road site and only has half a clock face. I have looked on the Internet and on the University's web site there is a page all about it. Here it is www.derby.ac.uk/news/university-clocks-up-another-towering-success2

I took this with my phone camera and used night setting to avoid the flash firing (made it yellow to jazz it up a bit). Ok it's no competition winner but it has a connection and I will always call it Amy's clock from now on.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting,I don't think I have never seen a flyback clock before. Must be dificult to read at night or while driving past,I would have thought. Maybe it has caused a few pile ups already on the ring road. ???

    ReplyDelete