Saturday 10 April 2010

Saturday, 10th April 2010 - Photo #100

I've always loved to see magnolia trees in bloom and wanted one of my own when I got a garden. A couple of years ago my Grandma gave me one that was quite young and it was touch and go whether or not it survived the move from her garden to mine. Here is the proof that it has taken well and there are loads of buds/flowers on it. Because they only last a very short time I wanted to get a photo of the flowers. I started this morning taking the flowers from the side to show the bud shape but when I looked down onto the middle of the flower I noticed this pineapple looking centre. I had another go this afternoon as it is a warm day and lots more flowers had opened, see what I mean about them not lasting long.

Positioned my tripod as close as possible and actually had the camera looking down onto the flower to get this. Used self timer shutter release too to reduce the shake, although there was abit of wind, I just tried a few times to get a sharp one.

Happy 100 photos!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: