Thursday 22 April 2010

Thursday, 22nd April 2010 - Photo #112

I think I have overdone the flowers a little bit just lately so decided today to try and take a landscape shot. Not much in the way of impressive vistas on Zac's walk so here is the power station!

The original shot is quite dull and although I've played around with it to try and liven it up abit I think it works best in black and white with the shadows darkened slightly. This shows up the chimneys and smoke better too. It was all about black and white last night at college, can't you tell!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Good to see a landscape for a change, not really a fan of black and white, seems such a waste to me when you can get wonderful colour, but hey each to their own. Good luck with the photoshop course I just play round the edges of photoshop wish I could do more of the clever stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black and white photos, they can be really dramatic. I think with Photoshop you've just got to be careful not to over do it. I'm still trying to get it right in camera first! But it's reassuring that Photoshop can help out!

    ReplyDelete