Wednesday 14 April 2010

Wednesday, 14th April 2010 - Photo #104

"Boat House at Elvaston Castle"

We have been for a walk around Elvaston Castle tonight and when I saw the boat house I thought it was perfect to try a HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo as you need somewhere with plenty of contrast, shadows and light bits. I know my new camera can bracket so thought here we go. Unfortunately, I didn't take my tripod so had to hand hold the camera.

Without reading the instruction book yet about bracketing I flicked through the camera's menu trying to get three or five differently exposed shots (going from darker to lighter). Didn't work as I expected but the bracketed shots are definitely better colour so something has happened. MUST READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL SOON!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I like this exposure too, composition good, Mr pigeon makes the shot. Yeah if all else fails read the book. LOL. Why can't we have smilies on this blog ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was waiting for the pigeon to move as I thought I would have to merge three shots the same with different exposures but as the camera has done it's magic on it's own I needn't of worried. I like him in it too.

    ReplyDelete