Wednesday 9 June 2010

Wednesday, 9th June 2010 - Photo #160

Been a bit of a rush tonight to get my blog done, even though it is half past ten! But as it happens I have learnt from my mistakes. I saw a picture of a man with a ring of light around him, it was done by someone moving a candle all the way around him quick enough that the camera didn't pick him up just the light. A long shutter speed is needed, two willing helpers, a candle and tripod. I only had one willing helper as Kirsten has hurt her leg and wasn't in the mood to have a hot candle whooshed around her head! (Health and Safety anyone?) But I noticed that the camera exposed for the candle so Kirsten was too dark. Then we tried exposing without the candle in the frame and once I had pressed the shutter then moving the candle around. It worked to a certain extent but needs some more practise on a day when Kirsten is feeling a bit more helpful. Here is a picture of Hope which was the first one I took tonight (typical) which I have turned black and white to avoid seeing the two different blacks of her jumper and the background material.

No comments:

Post a Comment