Thursday 29 July 2010

Thursday, 29th July 2010 - Photo #210


After seeing some lovely sepia prints at Costco of simple white flowers I thought I would have a try myself. Used my navy background (black one is up in the loft but it didn't matter), flashgun and close up filter. I tried a few different positions for the flash as I wanted to show the petals up but in the end I put the flash behind the flower to allow the light to shine through which I thought gave quite a good effect and more importantly no harsh shadows.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Barry, I'm afraid I committed the ultimate sin of cutting this flower off the main stem as it was surrounded by four other flowers! I've had them awhile though so it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow indeed - serious competition methinks!

    ReplyDelete