Sunday 16 May 2010

Friday, 14th May 2010 - Photo #134

Sorry no blog for three days (promise I have still been taking pictures). We have been to the Bearded Theory Festival in Ashbourne, it started Friday night and finished last night (Sunday). The main reason for going was this group, the Wonderstuff, one of my all time favourite bands. They didn't disappoint and time hasn't made me love their old songs any less. Miles Hunt, the singer, said that one of their old albums was released 21 years ago. Trouble is I remember going and buying it as soon as it came out! (Now I feel old). Couldn't resist getting nearer the front for a picture, although I didn't notice the chap in front had such a big hat! This one is fairly clear and I like the lights. The girl on the volin is called Erica Nockalls and looks like a cross between Grace Kelly and Dita Von Teese (ie, she's beautiful), she's teamed up with them for this tour and is great.
Had a hard decision to make this weekend, which camera to take. You were allowed to take DSLRs in with you (at most festivals you need to buy a press pass to be able to take one in) but I decided on my little compact in case of theft or bad weather. This meant the photos suffered slightly but I didn't have to worry about losing my beloved camera. Trouble is with the compact it's quite grainy with no flash but hey ho.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment