Sunday 30 May 2010

Sunday, 30th May 2010 - Photo #150

Been to Elvaston Castle today to take Zac for a walk. The sun was really bright and I had a play with light and shadows. Alot of pictures that I took turned out over exposed so it was a good opportunity to try different settings. I took a few on auto just to see what settings the camera chose and compared them to mine. Have to say I prefer the auto ones as they were a little darker. I remember Nicky saying at college that a good tip she learned was to under expose a couple of stops. I'm going to try this next time I am out and about.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I think what Nicky said was to underexpose by two thirds of a stop. My cam is set to this all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barry, definitely going to try this. (Whoops, I think two stops would of been a bit much - who turned the lights out?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you take the photo in raw, you could alter the stop by 2/3 in the raw software too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, nearly a few under exposed shots there.

    ReplyDelete