Wednesday 26 May 2010

Wednesday, 26th May 2010 - Photo #146


We had a practical session tonight at college and I took along my studio lights to try out some macro shots and portraits. As always time was against us and I think all of us would have happily still been there (it's now 22.40pm!) but I think the lady on reception might have had something to say about it. We all had a try with gerberas, jewellery, perspex, black velvet and a clever pop up tent to stop unwanted reflections. Barry took a portrait of each of us and we ended with a group shot, it's funny how people who love to take pictures hate to be in them!
The picture above was taken using black velvet as a background and the flowers were placed on black perspex to get the reflections. I've darkened it slightly which has lost the centres of the flowers a little. It has definitely wetted my appetite for using my lights not just for portraits.

Here we are in action


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the new flashgun has just been made redundant. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't we have fun, posted a Gerbera pic and a group shot on my Blog 38 and 39.
    http://barrys-occasional-pictures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete