Thursday 13 May 2010

Thursday, 13th May 2010 - Photo #133

Our fence is covered in ivy and a wild sort of clematis which when it flowers is beautiful. I thought I would try and get a wide angle shot to show the display of colour. However, as I got up close to the flowers and buds I noticed the middles and how intricate they are. Took some shots hand held but they weren't quite sharp enough so I got the tripod out and delay-timed the shutter to get it as clear as possible. Also it was a little bit windy so the tripod really helped.
Here is a hand held one, now you can see why it was worth the extra effort.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I know the centres of flowers are excellent to photograph. Great shot. Hurrah for the tripod and the delayed shutter! I have just read about that in Scott Kelby Book No 1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet, I love those books! Lots of good tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just playing catchup after a busy weekend, great close-up shot carol.

    ReplyDelete