Monday 31 May 2010

Monday, 31st May 2010 - Photo #151

"With this ring......I learn about shadows!"
I've seen a lot of these sort of shots in wedding magazines and decided to give one a go. I had to fiddle with the posititoning of the book under my kitchen lights to get the shadow of the ring to make a heart. A bit of blue tack to keep the ring upright, turned off my flash, used my close up filter and Robert is your mother's brother as they say. I'm afraid the book is Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer (last one in the Twilight series) and not a bible but if you look closely there is a paragraph at the bottom of the right hand page that starts "I love you".

Put a slight soft focus on the edges of the pages just to draw your attention more to the ring as the last judge I saw at Camera Club said the eye will try and read any text on a photograph so try to avoid words/banners etc in your pics. I think seeing the words "I love you" is ok though in this type of shot.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Clever shot, looks like the ring has been through the mangle also, or perhaps your finger is this shape. ????? Shadows seem to be in vogue at the moment. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very rounded wishbone shape, which at the time sat very nicely next to my engagement ring.(My engagement ring has since broken - Carl are you listening for next week?) The poor thing has been through it though over the years, I lost it once only to find it again in a carrier bag on a ferry to France!

    ReplyDelete